22 Nov 2015

Interiors // It's in the Detail


My home as a whole isn't Pinterest-worthy just yet, but there are several new purchases and little corners that I'd like to share. 

I've always had an interest in interiors, and used to spend hours upon end as a child drawing floor plans, designing 'dream houses' and creating mood boards with photos cut from interior design magazines. Since starting work for an interiors brand a few months ago, this passion has been reignited, and I've even got my boyfriend interested in everything from mid-Century furniture to cushions!

We've developed a love for teak furniture, and after hours spent trawling the internet, picked up a pair of Ercol-replica coffee tables from Gumtree, of all places! They're in perfect condition and are the perfect addition to our living room. We've placed a selection of candles on top of them for now, including this stunning tealight holder that I picked up in Copenhagen this weekend. I've placed my copy of The Kinfolk Home book on one of the shelves, and we're both hoping to receive a couple of architecture books for Christmas to accompany it.




I've always wanted to print out my Instagram photos, so I'm happy to finally have a framed print of some of my favourites, thanks to Cheerz! They very kindly offered to print some of my favourite images, and I chose this large framed print to hang in my lounge. I organised the images by colour and stuck to images with blue and green to tie in with the rest of the room. 

Cheerz have very kindly offered my readers 10% off their products, using the code KISSCROSS.



I have a bit of a thing for candles, and was over the moon when I recently won Bedboat Magazine's Instagram competition! Not only did I win a beautiful East Wick soy candle, but also a selection of other goodies including a macrame plant hanger, embroidery, a necklace and gorgeous frilly underwear.





All images my own

1 comment

  1. John & I are also obsessed with teak furniture at the moment! Mid-century love!

    ReplyDelete