16 Jun 2015

STYLE // NADINOO


Apologies for my unexplained absence - I'm aware that I've been AWOL for over a month now! I'm still here, just somewhat sporadically. I've lots of content to share, including an Off the Beaten Track guide to my favourite place on the planet, Berlin. But first things first - I've been meaning to share the new Nadinoo lookbook with you for some time now.

I've been following Nadia since she very first launched her brand in 2009, and was fortunate enough to meet and interview her whilst she was based in the Manchester Craft & Design Centre last year. I've always admired her designs - pretty without being twee, contemporary with a vintage-inspired flair - and have blogged about a countless number of her lookbooks.

Her latest collection is entitled 'The Good Life' - inspired, in part, by her family's recent time spent living in an idyllic country cottage and embracing a slower pace of life. Expect oversized pinafore dresses, printed smocks (the prints are an exciting collaboration with children's illustrator, Genevieve Godbout) and sharp, clean silhouettes. Nadia has stated that she recently saw a change in direction in her designs, thinking more about fit for purpose and the comfort of the garments that she designs. It's easy to see in this collection; there are no restrictions with these slightly oversized silhouettes. There's room to move, and to live in these clothes; they transcend trends and can be worn for years to come.


Photography Amira Izruna
Styling and direction Nadia Izruna











Post a Comment