9 Feb 2014

What I Would Wear to Fashion Week

NYFW1


I'm amusing myself this stormy afternoon by playing what would I wear if I went to fashion week. Obviously, as this is a fantasy game, money holds no boundaries and I am taking on the role of the most hideously pretentious fashionistas as I prepare my make-believe wardrobe for FROW posing and party-going.

Outfit one. Picture the scene, everyone is queuing up to get into the first show of the day. There's a crowd of editors, it-girls and models shivering, wrapped up in bulky coats and Acne Canada scarves, their noses becoming increasingly red. Just at the last minute, a taxi pulls up and I hop out, dressed ridiculously inappropriately for the weather, sans coat. My cute Carven sweatshirt gets approving nods, as my peers take in the starched white collar peeking over the neckline and the fun abstract print on my skirt. My Topshop leather backpack, chunky-meets-elegant heels and floppy hat complete the look. But it's when I settle down on the front row and whip off my sweatshirt to reveal the matchy-matchy coordinating shirt to the skirt that all of the pap's turn their lenses my way. Who's that girl, is the whisper on everyone's lips.

NYFW2


Outfit two. What else to wear to the Topshop Unique show but my favourite piece from their current collection. This printed shirt dress will be awesome for summer but I've worked it for the colder weather by layering a skinny Joseph roll neck underneath (ala Ganni AW14). My favourite sheepskin lined denim jacket adds an extra layer of warmth without being too bulky. I'm channelling the Suarez sisters (Nat and Dy) so a wide-brimmed hat and ankle boots are essentials for this nineties-meets-seventies aesthetic. All I'll have to do tonight is whip off the jumper as I head off from party to party. 


NYFW3

Outfit three. It's the last day of the shows and my feet are killing me from running back and forth across London. Thank god that sliders are this season's must-have shoes - these tartan Topshop shoes will give my feet a much needed rest. I'm feeling pretty minimal today, so I throw on my favourite Frame La Garcon distressed jeans and add a streamlined white Carven shirt with a pretty lace collar. An oversized Topshop Boutique masculine coat and camel hat complete the look. Sofia Coppola, eat your heart out, this is nonchalant Parisian dressing at its best.

Post a Comment