12 Jun 2012

Resort 2013 Part Trois

I'm still sticking to fun colours and fun prints for this edition of my Resort 2013 round-up. This season of shows has excited me far more than recent seasons. Everything just seems so wearable and there's a lot of ideas that would be pretty easy to imitate on a high street/vintage budget.

Stella McCartney
This is actually one of my favourite Stella collections to date. I might be completely biased because the pale blue pleated dress looks like it was made for me (I now need to spend the summer searching for a vintage alternative). Aside from the Perfect Dress -  I love the slouchy sweaters paired with printed pencil skirts, the bold decoupage prints, the matching shorts and boxy tee combos. The colour scheme of pale blue, crisp white, baby yellow, pale pink and cold coral is one that jumps out of the box and demands attention.
Tory Burch
The best part of the Tory Burch Resort collection has to be the prints. So simple  - repetitive geometric shapes - yet so effective. There were bold shots of deep purple shot through the collection, yet it was the simple spectrum of pale and navy blues mixed with cream that really caught my eye. The simple shapes of the cropped trousers, boxy dresses and striped tees are perfect for holiday dressing.

2 comments

  1. love the mix of patterns
    follow me and say hello ;)
    http://inveiglefair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the prints on these outfits,especially the blue. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too soon.

    ReplyDelete