4 Sept 2011

Ulyana Sergeenko Fall 2011











Perfection. That one word alone could describe what goes through my head when I ogle Ulyana Sergeenko's Fall collection. I have long admired the designer -slash - photographers own personal style and wondered where she acquires her outstanding outfits. Now I see that the majority of what she is snapped in appears to be her own designs.

It's clear that Sergeenko's inspiration is borne from her native country. Full, floor-length skirts with miniscule waists and endearing headscarves instantly evoke visions of traditional Russian costume. Sheer skin-tight knits are the perfect pairing to transform the look from market place to runway.

Personal highlights are the A-line midi-length skirts (I'll go for the floral), the exquisite 1940s inspired pin curl hair-do's and that red dress.

11 comments

  1. Loving the dramatic silhouette of those full skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog, I'm now following you :)

    http://ohchaarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this collection in some blogs already and I was going to put it in mine too! It's amazing. :)
    Your blog is adorable. I love the delicate taste you have, it's something similar to mine :)))

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome collection ! I absolutely love the combination between the latest fashion trends and vintage Russian womenswear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous lookbook! i love every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on my blog, I'm not sure if the Monki store is being put in all Selfridges, but I think I've read over the internet that it's just in the London store at the moment. Sorry this doesn't really help haha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fell in love with her instantly! Amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the volume on these is amaaaaayzing!! she has such a distinct style as a designer, it all comes across so clearly.

    sleepydarlings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are exquisite, the reds especially:)

    ReplyDelete