17 Jun 2011

Lucy in Disguise




Last week I had the privilege of attending the Harvey Nichols Manchester launch of Lucy in Disguise. Lily Allen and sister Sarah Owen were interviewed by Emma Doyle of Manchester Fashion Network; answering questions about the inspiration behind the collection, their personal style icons and the future of the brand. Delicious cocktails and delectable lollicakes were served to the audience, as Gramophone DJs played retro records and the stylish guests scrambled to get a closer look at the dresses.

Lily modelled the blue smock dress 'Haight-Ashbury' (named after the infamous San Francisco district) whilst Sarah smouldered in the 'Jitterbug' party dress.

2 comments

  1. Woah. Lily Allen lost a lot of weight. But I like her dress. It's so not me, but I can see someone inspired by the Pre-Raphaelites wearing it.

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought the lady in the blue looked uncannily similar to Lily Allen and then I read your little write up (:

    ReplyDelete