5 Jan 2010

By The Time It Gets Dark







Sometimes, you don't have to trawl tumblr and Recordis photography and flickr to find a talented photographer. These photographs were taken by my very good friend, photographer helen kirkbright. They document her time spent in Australia and a holiday in Spain. I love photographs captured on film cameras. We're so used to polished, shiny brand spanking new digital images that it's refreshing and interesting to see the world through the eyes of humble old-school film. Please visit helen's blog to see more of her work

xx

9 comments

  1. your friend seems like a truly talented photographer! these are magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely bizarre, you won't believe it!! - The last two photos are of my hometown, Byron Bay, where I live!!! It's incredible how that happens. I'm so surprised haha
    They are amazing photographs, wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like that fourth picture!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and just wondering if you could help me out with a new project ….good karma to you! :D http://chicknamedhermia.wordpress.com/2010/01/06/the-giving-my-life-some-purpose-post/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are such beautiful photographs! i was looking at that last one thinking 'australia' hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I love shooting on film, I should do it more often! These pics make me want to make a roadtrip..

    ReplyDelete